CCANS works with our provincial departments and other stake holders to help address the complex challenges facing our long term care and social assistance systems. This includes consulting and providing constructive feedback to improve existing systems and pioneer new avenues.
CCANS members are on every major provincial working group across the province representing the needs of our clients and the concerns of our membership facilities.
CCANS currently represents its membership at;
- Provincial and regional ethics committees
- Challenging Behaviours Resource Committee
- Human Resource Sector Council
- Services for Persons with Disabilities Transformation Roadmap
- Continuum of Care Liaison Committees
- Community interest groups
- Various other regional working groups.
- Rate review
- Supporting and advocating on behalf of our communities