The CCANS Bursary
CCANS awards a bursary in the amount of $3000 to one Nova Scotian each year who is pursuing studies in the field of continuing care.
BURSARY APPLICATION CRITERIA
Candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program with a focus on the continuing and long-term care sector.
- Must have 100 hours of work, volunteer or co-op experience in a care setting.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 1, 2018 including the following:
- Your resume with attached cover letter (500-word max) detailing the qualities that make you a good candidate for the continuing and long-term care field.
- A 1,200-word essay on any of the following subjects:
- Memoir of your experience working/volunteering in a care setting.
- Value of continuing and long term care in Nova Scotia and future trends in provincial health care from your perspective.
- How you believe you can make a difference in our provincial health care system and, in particular, the continuing care sector.
- Discuss the current state of our continuing and long-term care system.
- Proof of enrollment in a Nova Scotia post-secondary education institution.